~TgS~ Tournaments
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All info for ~TgS~ Tournys will be here

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tournament

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
lucky

Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Tournament   Tournament Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 3:05 pm

Were throwing the first ever Quest for the best tournament!!! (ONLY 1.1 NOT 1.0)

Anyone can register for it but they must follow these rules:

The way you are placed in the tournament will depend on your rank on hi skill so it will be more fair.
The map has to be an official AC map
If there is a tie the winner shall be decided by the score
A screen shot must be posted as proof of the win or loss
Unranked people will be randomly seeded in the remaining spots
The maximum number of entries will be 32 people

If u dont know how to post a ss you can go to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] upload a screen shot then copy the forum code and post it here

If u are caught cheating u will automatically be DQ and banned Smile

Most of all GL and HF
Back to top Go down
SovietAk47

Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament   Tournament Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 1:41 am

when start it?
Back to top Go down
lucky

Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament   Tournament Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 4:39 pm

im still deciding tht based on when the tournament bracket will fill up (we only need 5 more people)
Back to top Go down
Toxsyn

Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament   Tournament Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 11:32 pm

Could you elaborate more on the specifics?

you say the map has to be an official AC map. Do we only play on 1 map? or is it best out of 3 or something?

Who gets to decide what map is played?

Who decides what mode is played?

Will their be a judge that has to be present? It seems like it could be very easy for someone to just get a buddy to use the other guys name. Make a screenshot and then come here and claim he won the match. Maybe we should all be required to use MSN to discuss our match and have chat history available to prove it was the actual players playing the match or something of the sort.

I have no intentions to spark any problems, but your tournament information is very questionable. These are just a few questions that popped up while reading.

Back to top Go down
lucky

Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament   Tournament Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 11:44 pm

you make some good points and droid will answer them when he can Very Happy the tournament hasnt started yet so were still fixing the problems
Back to top Go down
Toxsyn

Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament   Tournament Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 11:56 pm

Okay. Sounds good. If you guys don't mind suggestions, I would make the tournament based on one specific mode such as OSOK. Then set 3 maps such as Douze, Desert, and Desert2 and play best out of 3. That way we all play the same mode and maps. It is simple and leaves lack of confusion for the players. Whoever wins would be the champion of 1v1 OSOK. This also leaves options open to you guys to host other tournaments based on specific modes in the future. Each mode would have it's own respected champion.
Back to top Go down
Droid

Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament   Tournament Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 1:16 am

Toxsyn wrote:

you say the map has to be an official AC map. Do we only play on 1 map? or is it best out of 3 or something?

It will be a best of 3.

Toxsyn wrote:

Who gets to decide what map is played?

Who decides what mode is played?

The first game the higher seed picks the map and mode. The second game the lower seed picks the map and mode. If there is a third game, the higher seed gets to pick either map or mode and the lower seed obviously has the other.

Toxsyn wrote:

Will their be a judge that has to be present? It seems like it could be very easy for someone to just get a buddy to use the other guys name. Make a screenshot and then come here and claim he won the match. Maybe we should all be required to use MSN to discuss our match and have chat history available to prove it was the actual players playing the match or something of the sort.

That is true and it could happen but I want both players to first meet in TgS's IRC [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] so they both know that they are ready to play. If someone does get their buddy and do that, hopefully the person who didn't play will come forward and say something. If it does happen it's an auto disqualification. I can't promise a judge will be present at every game, but I will try and go to as many as I can.

Toxsyn wrote:
based on one specific mode such as OSOK. Then set 3 maps such as Douze, Desert, and Desert2 and play best out of 3. That way we all play the same mode and maps. It is simple and leaves lack of confusion for the players. Whoever wins would be the champion of 1v1 OSOK. This also leaves options open to you guys to host other tournaments based on specific modes in the future. Each mode would have it's own respected champion.

This tournament will be whatever the players want to play that is an AC official map and mode. It's a good idea that you have but I just feel that they should play what they want, because they will play their best mode/map and it will be a challenge to see if they can be beat on their "home turf".

Toxsyn wrote:

I have no intentions to spark any problems, but your tournament information is very questionable. These are just a few questions that popped up while reading.

It's good that you pointed these things out. Thanks! And hope I helped answer your questions/concerns.
Back to top Go down
TeD

Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament   Tournament Icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 1:18 pm

Me and Yoursister just played 3 games.... i won the first one. he won the second one. we tied the third one. The rules say that the winner is chosen by the score but is it the score of all three games or the last game only??????
Back to top Go down
Droid

Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament   Tournament Icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 2:07 pm

Take the score of the tied games which in this case is the last game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament   Tournament Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tournament
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
~TgS~ Tournaments :: Infomation about the Tourny-
Jump to: